Alex Y.G. An
Alex is a partner of Yuanda China Law Offices based in Shanghai and Beijing. He has extensive experience in the areas of antitrust, compliance, corporate, foreign direct investment (FDI), mergers & acquisitions, international trade, and dispute resolution. He advises foreign and Chinese clients on a variety of commercial agreements.
Alex has assisted U.S., EU, Japanese, and Korean companies in virtually all aspects of their operations in China, with extensive experience spanning the chemicals, food & beverages, electronics, insurance, logistics, semiconductors, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
- Advised a multinational industrial company in its merger filing for the acquisition of a leading company in hydraulic business.
- Advised a multinational healthcare company in its merger filing for the acquisition of a Chinese pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a global company active in health, nutrition and materials in its merger filing for a joint venture with a listed materials company.
- Advised a multinational powder metallurgy company in its merger filing for the acquisition of a Chinese steel powder manufacturer.
- Advised a warehouse provider in its merger filing.
- Advised a multinational chemicals company in its merger filing.
- Assisted various clients in analyzing whether their anticipated M&A or JV projects are subject to antitrust review in China.
- Advised several U.S. and EU hedge funds on updates of China merger filings for mega deals.
- Advised a multinational company in an anti-monopoly investigation into its seven pharmaceuticals-and-medical-device divisions.
- Advised a leading infant formula producer in an anti-monopoly investigation into its suspected resale price maintenance and the post-fine supervision, and helped the client implement improvement programs.
- Conducted competition law audits for several companies including a well-known gum producer, a leading pet food producer, and a world-famous chocolate producer.
- Advised a U.S. wine producer on potential antitrust issues associated with its strategic cooperation with a Chinese local distributor.
- Advised a multinational beverages company on competition law matters relating to its distribution agreements.
- Advised a U.S. pharmaceutical company on competition law matters involved in its renewal of distribution agreements with Chinese distributors.
- Assisted a U.S. technology company in assessing competition risks in its conclusion of license agreements with Chinese business partners.
- Advised a large insurance asset management company on debt/equity investment deals.
- Advised a leading property & casualty insurance company on disputes over subrogation rights.
- Represented a foreign technical team in establishing a joint venture in Wuxi, China to produce gas turbines.
- Represented a Malaysian port company in several joint venture and M&A deals.
- Represented a U.S. wine producer in its strategic cooperation with a Chinese local distributor.
- Represented a U.S. strategic investor in its acquisition of four Chinese companies in hot runner industry.
- Represented a U.S. industrial system company in its USD40 million asset acquisition of a domestic Chinese company.
- Represented a U.S. PE fund in its sale of RMB 32.5 million equity of a Chinese company.
- Represented a multinational apparel company in the restructuring of its China business.
- Assisted several foreign clients in setting up foreign invested enterprises (FIEs) in China.
- Advised a U.S. IT company on a set of agreements with a Chinese IT company for developing, marketing and selling modular data center products.
- Advised a U.S. hotel management corporation on the liquidation of one of its Chinese subsidiaries.
- Assisted a global pet food producer in launching a new business channel.
- Conducted legal due diligence on a Chinese company for its listing in the U.S.
- Advised a U.S. PE fund on its exit from a company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE).
- Represented a Chinese subsidiary of one of the world’s largest automobile parts manufacturers in its disputes, against a Chinese logistics company in CIETAC Shanghai, arising from a logistics service contract.
- Represented a multinational IT hardware and software trading company in CIETAC arbitration and court proceedings to resolve its disputes with distributors and suppliers.
- Represented a well-known U.S. hotel management corporation in its disputes with many Chinese cooperation partners arising from a construction project.