Dora You is a senior associate at Yuanda, who focuses her practice on advising domestic Chinese and multinational companies on data compliance and corporate governance matters. She has in-depth understanding and experience providing pragmatic data-compliance solutions in inbound/outbound investments, capital market transactions, and cross-border disputes and investigations, having worked with private and listed companies from some of the most highly-regulated industries in China such as IoT, high-tech, automotive, financial services, manufacturing, medical and health care.
Dora provides comprehensive legal and consulting services regarding data compliance, including those specific to employee personal information protection, cross-border data transfer, cybersecurity certification, ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27701, and APP data compliance, helping clients integrate legal and regulatory compliance with information security technologies and management strategies. She also provides practical and effective compliance solutions customized to the client’s business objectives and growth plans, both within China and into new markets in the Southeast Asia, Europe and the U.S.
- Represented an apparel retailer in government investigations related to facial recognition technologies.
- Represented a listed automotive manufacturer in privacy and data security as well as cross-border investment projects.
- Represented a leading connected-vehicle technology company in privacy and data security as well as cross-border investment projects.
- Provided pre-IPO legal opinions and guidance on data security and compliance under Chinese laws and regulations to a data analytics company, advising on cross-border privacy protection, personal information management systems (PIMS), and classified protection of cybersecurity and providing compliance trainings.
- Advised a prominent Chinese intelligent device manufacturer on GDPR compliance and related legal issues in other jurisdictions.
- Advised a major Chinese state-owned power company on GDPR compliance and cross-border data compliance in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Advised a German manufacturer on cross-border data-sharing and cybersecurity compliance program and provided trainings on the protection of personally identifiable information (PII).
- Advised a high-end manufacturer in Shandong province, China on pre-IPO due diligence.
- Acted as legal counsel to a Chinese government department in Shanghai.
- Acted as legal counsel to a listed Shanghai-based real estate company.
- Acted as legal counsel to a leading apartment-management service company.
- Guided several multinational companies through cross-border investment projects involving China and India.