Jinhua Song is a partner of Yuanda based in Shanghai. She has represented numerous well-known clients in a range of corporate matters, including PE/VC, M&A, financing, Hong Kong listing and bond issuance, outbound investment and foreign direct investment. Her clients are drawn from industries including manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, healthcare services, tourism and culture, internet, chemicals, education and trade.
Jinhua has 10 years of professional experience in international investment. She has advised multiple biotech companies on establishing red-chip corporate structures, VIE, corporate restructuring, license-in and license-out deals and IPOs. Jinhua also advised founders in wealth management, estate planning, family asset protection, M&A, cross-border structuring and estate planning, complex transactions, and legal and tax planning.
Jinhua received a master’s degree in law from Fudan University, and a bachelor’s degree in medicine from Dalian Medical University. Jinhua has been named a “Next Generation Lawyers in PE/VC” by The Legal 500 in 2018. Before joining Yuanda, Jinhua worked for the corporate practice groups of a well-known Chinese law firm and the Shanghai office of a leading international law firm.
- Represented a Chinese biotech company in its IPO listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented a Chinese company in a USD425 million license-out deal.
- Represented a Swiss global healthcare company in the Chinese components of a USD22 billion transaction with a global pharmaceutical and healthcare company.
- Represented a biotech company in the formulation of its ESOP plan, including the formation of an offshore ESOP trust and ESOP LLP.
- Represented Chinese alternative investment fund CDH in its pre-IPO investments in two biotech companies, with valuations of USD50 million and of RMB1 billion, respectively.
- Represented a Chinese biotech company in its pre-IPO financing with valuation of USD800 million.
- Represented a Chinese medical device company in its Series A, B and C financings.
- Represented a Chinese ophthalmologic medical device company in its Series A and B financings.
- Represented investment manager GLP in several acquisition or investment transactions.
- Represented several Chinese state-owned enterprises in their bond issues in the Hong Kong bond market.
- Represented a U.S. drug company in the Chinese component of a global corporate restructuring project.
- Represented a U.S. contract research organization (CRO) in its establishment of a wholly foreign-owned enterprise in Shanghai.
- Represented a U.S. drug company in its acquisition of equity interest in a privately held Chinese drug company.
- Represented two U.S. companies in their acquisitions of equity interests in Chinese privately held medical device companies.
- Represented a U.S. company in its establishment of a wholly foreign-owned enterprise for manufacturing packages directly contacting drug.
- Represented a U.S. private equity firm in its acquisition of equity interest in a Chinese real estate development company.
- Named as a “Next Generation Lawyers in PE/VC” by The Legal 500 in 2018