Joyce Xie is a senior associate of Yuanda based in Shanghai, focusing her practice on corporate matters, regulatory compliance, and dispute resolution. Joyce has provided legal services to numerous multinational companies and large Chinese state-owned enterprises in the food and Agriculture, healthcare and telecommunication industries for complex legal matters in China. On the compliance and investigation side, Joyce has been involved in a number of high-profile government investigations and internal corporate self-investigations.
- Assisted a Chinese state-owned enterprise in acquiring a pharmaceutical research and development company abroad.
- Assisted a large multinational semiconductor company in relocating factories in China.
- Represented a global U.S.-based sporting-goods retailer in a series of punitive-damages lawsuits against “professional whistleblowers” regarding a functional food product.
- Represented a world-leading U.S. e-cigarette company for its entry into China’s market and provided the comprehensive legal advice on the relevant policies, including the access, trade, taxation, intellectual property, antitrust and unfair policies. Assisted the client in managing registration and licensing, daily operations, labor and employment for client’s entities in China. Reviewed product packaging, labels, and instructions to meet compliance requirements. Advised the client on the online and offline sales of e-cigarette products in China from the compliance perspective.
- Represented one of the world’s largest sports products retailers, based in EU, in a series of government investigations related to product quality and food safety.
- Represented a global dairy products manufacturer in lawsuits filed by professional consumers across China.
- Represented a Chinese state-owned company in its commercial bribery and accounting fraud investigations, the interviews and investigation involved many key managements of subsidiaries in various locations throughout China.
- Represented a Chinese state-owned enterprise to formulate various internal rules and regulations, including bidding management, trade secret protection, personal information protection, and data security compliance.