Rachel is an associate and a member of the Corporate Advisory Group at Yuanda. Her practice areas are corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and data privacy and cybersecurity.
Rachel graduated from East China University of Political Science and Law, majoring in economic law, and received her LL.M. degree. Rachel has assisted large state-owned enterprises and multinational corporations in their legal affairs in China, covering food and agriculture, healthcare, fashion and FMCG, new energy and other industries. In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Rachel assisted a French hydrogen energy company in its acquisition of a leading Chinese hydrogen fuel cell company, including conducting legal due diligence and writing due diligence reports. In the area of daily corporate practice, Rachel has provided legal services to a number of domestic and foreign clients in relation to their qualifications and licenses, business operations, etc.
Prior to joining the firm, Rachel had a 7-month internship in the Finance & Securities Division of a Red Circle Firm.
- Represented a U.S. company listed in the biomedical industry of Fortune 500 in conducting compliance due diligence of cross-border data transmission by its PRC subsidiaries, and issuing a data compliance due diligence report.
- Represented a semiconductor company in the industry in providing legal opinions with respect to the cross-border transfer of its data and to carry out mirror image analysis of the computer data of its resigned employees.
- Represented a world-renowned tyre manufacturer in conducting compliance due diligence in respect of the scenarios involving personal information in the business of itself and its subsidiaries, and issuing a report on legal risks of personal information protection.
- Represented a large-scale state-owned food company in conducting an internal compliance investigation of the import business of its subsidiary.
- Represented a well-known domestic game company in drafting internal compliance standard operating procedures in respect of the protection of its trade secrets.
- Represented a leading international sportswear company in issuing legal opinions on compliance for its internet culture operations.
- Represented an industry-leading cosmetic agency company in reviewing and issuing legal opinions on the details pages of its cosmetic products sold on e-commerce platforms.
Merger and Acquisition
- Represented a French hydrogen energy company in its proposed acquisition of a leading Chinese hydrogen fuel cell company, including conducting legal due diligence and writing due diligence reports.
- Represented a state-controlled pharmaceutical group in its proposed acquisition of its group subsidiary, including conducting legal due diligence and writing legal opinions.
Daily Legal Affairs of the Company
- Represented an international medical device company in connection with the termination of its employment relationship with a senior official.
- Represented a well-known biotechnology company in connection with its product labeling and contractual disputes.
- Represented a number of large fashion and FMCG companies, food companies and sports brands in connection with their daily legal operations, including licensing, business changes and plant leases.
- Represented a U.S. listed company in the legal translation and legal opinion of its Chinese subsidiary on environmental matters.
- Represented a foreign-owned medical data platform in connection with its work permit and work residency process for foreigners.
- Represented a fund company in providing lawyer statement letter of its day-to-day documentation.
- Lead author of the Guidelines for RCEP-related IP Rights Maintenance.
- Lead author of the Frontier Hotspots of Overseas IP Rights Protection Practice.
- Participated in the drafting of the Guidelines for Lawyers Handling Clinical Evaluation of Medical Devices (2021).