Stephanie Wu is a senior counsel at Yuanda based in Shanghai. She specializes in Antitrust/Competition Law and Dispute Resolution.
In the area of Antitrust/Competition Law, Stephanie has advised dozens of multi-national and domestic companies on both contentious and non-contentious matters including antitrust consultancy and compliance, response to investigation, merger filing, and litigation covering a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, technology, aviation, semiconductor, automotive, chemicals, consumer products, financial institutions, etc.
In the area of dispute resolution, Stephanie represents clients at various courts and arbitration institutions throughout all phases of litigation and arbitration, including pre-trial, mediation, settlement, injunctions, hearings, defence and claims, trials, enforcement, recognition of arbitral awards, etc.
Antitrust and Competition
- Advised a Japanese manufacturing multi-national company on the assessment of the merger notification of its share transfer transaction.
- Advised a South American company in the food industry on the assessment of the merger notification of a new joint venture.
- Advised a Japanese insurance company on the merger notification in acquiring equity shares in a Chinese joint venture.
- Advised an American company in the food industry on the compliance of the cooperation with its distributor.
- Conducted internal audits, built the compliance manual and provided trainings for a Japanese medical device company which involved their subsidiaries throughout China.
- Advised a U.S. private equity firm on the merger notification in acquiring equity shares in another US firm in the agricultural equipment field.
- Advised a leading Japanese semicon manufacturer on responding to anti-monopoly investigations and arrangements with distributors.
- Advised a Japanese steel manufacturer on the merger notification in acquiring equity shares in another Japanese company.
- Formulated compliance manual for a listed Chinese natural resource company.
- Designed the compliance system and formulated compliance manual for a Chinese aerospace manufacturer.
- Advised a U.S. manufacturing company on the compliance of its participation in the activities of industry associations and the formulating of employee’s compliance manual.
- Advised a European multi-national medical company on the compliance of its commercialization agreements with the anti-monopoly law.
- Advised a European home appliance brand on the compliance of its distributors’ circulars with the anti-monopoly law.
- Advised a pharmaceutical and medical devices GPO (group procurement organization) in China on compliance of its conducts with the anti-monopoly law.
- Advised a UK consulting company on exchange of information in its annual global conference.
- Advised a leading U.S. industrial company on the compliance of non-compete arrangements in a joint venture with its competitor.
- Representing a Hong Kong company, as its China co-counsel, in an international sale of goods dispute with a Turkish export group.
- Acted for a North American company to resolve its dispute with Chinese suppliers in a government’s procurement project of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Acted for a Chinese textile exporter as its China co-counsel in an international sale of goods dispute with a U.S. importer brought before the New York County Supreme Court
- Represented one of the Italian luxury brands in its application to set aside asset preservation order in a dispute with one of its distributors before the Shandong Provincial High People’s Court.
- Ranked as “Antitrust and Competition Highly Recommended (2020)” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Invited Expert for Global Competition Review
- Invited Expert for Getting the Deal Through
- Commissioner of the Competition and Antitrust Commission of the Shanghai Bar Association
- Member of the Competition Law Research Commission of the Shanghai Law Society
- Interviewed by the In-House Community Magazine in its feature Asian Antitrust Watchdogs on the Prowl Against Big Tech, February 2022
- Interviewed by New Healthcare News concerning the proposed merger of Winning Health / Bosoft, July 2021
- Interviewed by iFeng.com concerning the 22 infringement decisions against internet and platform giants, July 2021
- “Commentary on the Infringement Decision on Tencent/China Music Group”, July 2021
- “Data Protection and Antitrust Review: Perspective from the Google/Fitbit Merger”, July 2021
- “Commentary on the Infringement Decision on Ali’s ‘Choose One From the Two’ Conduct”, April 2021
- “The Asia-Pacific Antitrust Review 2020, China: Overview”, published by Global Competition Review, March 2020
- “Unscrambling the Interim Provisions on the Prohibition of Monopoly Agreements”, published by LexisNexis, July 2019
- “Unscrambling the Interim Provisions on the Prohibition of Abuse of Dominance Conducts”, published by LexisNexis, July 2019
- “GCR The Asia-Pacific Antitrust Review 2019, China: Overview”, published by Global Competition Review, March 2019
- “Managing Antitrust Risks and Compliance in Distribution and Recent Enforcement Updates”, LCouncil Seminar, September 2021
- “Antitrust Risks and Compliance in Distribution: Refusal to Deal”, LCouncil Seminar, June 2019
- “The Compliance of Online and Offline Distribution Models: the Antitrust Perspectives”, EverPro Seminar, May 2019
- “Recent Developments in Competition Enforcement Activities in China and the EU”, Shanghai Bar Association, April 2019