Kate MAO is an associate at Yuanda China Law Offices based in Shanghai. Her practice is focused on corporate, regulatory compliance. She has experience in advising clients from retail, technology, new media & telecommunications, real estate industries.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Assisted the team in conducting legal due diligence on a new energy auto parts manufacturer in an acquisition project.
- Assisted the team in providing legal service for a real estate enterprise on its acquisition of a leading company in the campus supermarket industry, including conducting industry and policy research and drafting a due diligence report.
- Assisted the team in providing legal due diligence services for an information technology enterprise to introduce a strategic investor.
- Assisted the team in providing due diligence legal services for a real estate enterprise to acquire a real estate project located in Zhangjiang, Shanghai.
- Assisted the team, as the representative of the seller (a well-known domestic food safety testing reagent company), to participate in the acquisition, in which the buyer is a world-leading scientific analysis and testing company.
- Assisted the team in issuing legal opinions on the process of releasing lock-up stock held by non-PRC nationals of a high-tech enterprise listed on the STAR Market.
- Assisted the team in establishing a compliance system for a well-known game company’s trade secrets and patent protection.
- Assisted the team in conducting an internal investigation on a unicorn enterprise’s response to a public opinion crisis and issued a lawyer’s work report.
- Participated in a project to provide legal services for a Chinese enterprise to evaluate the specific risks under the sanctions imposed by the United States on Russia.
Private Equity Fund and Equity Investment:
- Assisted the team to conduct legal due diligence on a fund manager for a large real estate state-owned enterprise participating in the fund raising process.
- Assisted the team in conducting legal due diligence and drafting transaction documents for a leading fund in the industry to make an angel-round investment in a photoresist industry enterprise.
- Assisted team in providing legal services for a foreign-invested enterprise on its industrial and commercial registration, change, cancellation and other matters.
- Assisted the team in issuing legal opinions on the issuance of Super & Short-term Commercial Paper and Medium-term Notes for a state-owned real estate enterprise.
- Provided a full range of legal services for its athletes on behalf of a well-known agency, including contract drafting and reviewing in its daily operation, various legal letters drafting and modification, and drafting the labor manual of a well-known agency.
- Represented a state-owned real estate enterprise and provided legal services on its daily operation affairs, including drafting and reviewing various legal documents in daily operation, and the drafting and modification of various legal letters.
- Assisted the team in providing legal services for pharmaceutical enterprises, industrial manufacturing enterprises and food enterprises for their daily operations, including various legal documents drafting and reviewing.