Jack J. Ma is an Equity Partner in Yuanda China Law Offices and has practiced law for more than 20 years. The Head of Corporate Practice, Jack specializes in corporate and commercial law and focuses on the areas of General Corporate Law and Compliance, Cross-border Transactions, M&A and International Arbitration.
Jack has extensive experiences of working in both PRC law firm and international law firm. He was the General Counsel and CEO of a large conglomerate headquartered in Shanghai, China for about 5 years. Jack is very skilled in helping clients to achieve their business goals and increase the company values from their perspectives.
Jack and his team have served multinational companies regarding their legal affairs in China and represented Chinese clients for their overseas investments and acquisitions. Jack has also represented both local and foreign clients in various international arbitrations and trial cases.
- Several JV and WFOE projects in China for the world’s largest carbon producer (Germany).
- Exit of a NY based PE fund from a Chinese listed company (first case in A shares).
- Exit from its JV operation in China by a company listed in Italy.
- Personal Information Protection Compliance System buildout for a European company’s China subsidiaries.
- Internal compliance investigation of trade secret protection for a leading global semiconductor company.
- Acquistion of an Italian agricultural tourism project by a large Chinese developer.
- Advised on general corporate matters for one of largest Chinese conglomerates regarding real estate projects in Asia Europe and North America.
- Acquistion of a German medical device company by a Shanghai medical device group.
- Advised China’s largest steel company on its investment and buildout of a cross-border e-commerce platform as well as its expansions in Southeast Asia through setting up of JV companies.
- Round A to round D+ fund raising for a leading export e-commence company, (valued at 1 billion USD+) set up offshore warehouses in the US and Europe; IP litigations in the US.
- Brand authorization and distribution management for a US listed e-commerce company.
- Dispute resolution regarding the investment of a European PE fund in China, court hearing at the Mauritius Supreme Court.
- SCC arbitration of a Chinese company, hearing in Stockholm, Sweden.